Saturday 17 December 2011

Perth +++

The plans are to head back to Perth and I have to admit I'm pretty excited to do so.  Yes there may be a lot of pro-Adelaide posts on my page (you know, it does help being a bit of a popular well known figure in their animu scene, even if quite a few people don't know my real name, XD).  Anyways, here's some stuff I'm looking forward to returning back too and have actually really missed about Perth.

It should be noted that this is not a Perth vs Adelaide post, just things I'm looking forward to seeing again in Perth.  XP

Events
It's kind of bizarre, I think the one thing that made me fall for Adelaide was Tokyo Electro Invasion.  I saw Adelaide people knew how to do events right in 2009.  Fast forward to 2011 and to be honest, I haven't really gotten into any event in Adelaide.  I guess it's a lot harder for me this year since I'm often going to events after 50-60 hour working weeks so exhaustion heavily kicks in insanely but without Susannah by my side I probably wouldn't have had too much fun out at various nights and events.  In particular Perth used to have some pretty fun and amazing raves and I had a blast at Sin and Unknown and just haven't enjoyed Adelaide events as much.

Speed
It's actually nice to be able to drive faster than 60km/h and not being fined $300+ for going less than 10kms over the speed limits.  I can't say I'm a massive hoon but it's kind of frustrating to be slowed down quite a bit over here.  XD


Game City
Seriously, I love the fact that there's this insane In The Groove and dancing games community in Perth and some of the most amazing dancing machines in Australia here if not the best by far.  There's a lot of amazing ITG players in Perth and not just terms of talent but also with their creativity their urge to push each other without any bitchiness or arrogance, it's  amazing.  In comparison, all the arcade communities in Adelaide don't want to know me.  XP


Economy
I miss living in a city with a good economy where it was easy to get jobs, it was pretty interesting to have so many god damn jobs in Perth and it's kind of sad I could barely find anything.  Let's ignore the fact I'm not pretty much now insanely busy with both Neko Nation and Tokyo Hardcore to care these days.  XP

Kings Park
Seriously, I miss the view up there, plus it's an immensely signficant place in my life, since it's where I proposed to Susannah.

Friends
I actually am a bit bummed just as I was making a fair few good friendships in Perth I had to leave for good and unfortunately my last trip and my next trip will be brief due to business (although story of all my travelling).  There's a fair few to name and while obviously the Neko Nation crew always get seen I'm working far too intensely on the show to really properly hang out with many people but I'm hoping there's plenty to see in regards to Wai-Con later this year.

Wai-Con Cosplay Competition
While the best city for cosplay is debatable I believe Perth has an amazing competition just due to the location, it's really nice to be able to rock up in the massive theatre and see the cosplay competition on stage.  Wai-Con is always fun and I'm looking forward to checking it out next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment