Tuesday 27 December 2011

2011: Part 2 - Time to Start

Part 2 - The year begins with the start to Neko Nation, university and new love.

Neko Nation Purrth
The debut show in Perth was a long shot from the last epic Neko Nation Adelaide show that took place at the end of December 2011.  We're talking about only 4 DJ's, 2 catgirls, a pretty small venue and most of the sponsors prizes were just bought from J-List, still nonetheless at that point in time it was an epic feat to get this show done.  The opening days were interesting, as this was when I was DJing 3 hours, simply due to difficulties finding DJ's!

Nonetheless we had anime music finally hit the clubs, catgirls with free sushi that people went crazy for and despite trying to manage a club while behind the decks, it made for a fun night, which was probably one of the best nights I had held for a while.  Things went epicly well that Susannah wanted to chat to me the next day about holding a Neko Nation in Adelaide.

University
Neko Nation was fun but it was back to the serious business in University and my god this year was going to be horrible, I was hitting the second half of my Commerce degree and studying majors in accounting and entrepreneurship and these units this year were brutal featuring units in advanced corporate accounting, systems management, management of innovation, on the plus side there was entrepreneurship, which made up for it.

Basically it was the hardest semester yet and I just wasn't getting these units and that's saying something considering the previous semester I received a letter of commendation for being one of the top students in my degree.  So it was going to be tricky and I struggled to get the hang of it but hung on and managed to hold at least distinctions in everything, however it was only going to get worse.

Love
The time me and Susannah spent together was short lived in Perth but we started to fall for each other pretty quickly in within the few days.  There was a drama involved in regards to leaving my last relationship and to go with Susannah was a brutal decision that was going to hurt my ex, destroy a lot of friendships and the reality was that my ex was a great partner and quite stable and I honestly couldn't see us breaking apart anytime soon.  So to go with Susannah someone I barely knew and only spent a bit of time with, who was in another city was a gigantic leap of faith but I decided to risk it since I saw quite a lot in her and it was only going to be a matter of time to see if things would work, (ok, it does because we're still together at the time of writing this).

However it was a very difficult period, as I said the fallout caused a lot of strain on friendships and I lost a lot of friends in the short-term.  There was me and Susannah trying to maintain our relationship despite the long distance and time between each other but we tried out best to survive till the next month.

Work Upgraded
I was moving up a bit in the work world, I moved up from my bar work to a Cash manager, managing the tills rather then the drunken people behind the bar, which was quite awesome, I was more and more in demand at my temp work, ANZ were keen to hang onto me for as long as possible as people were leaving and I had high typing speeds meaning that they wanted to hang onto me.

Name change
I changed my Facebook name from my real name to a pseudonym.  The main reason was due to an accounting company blatant saying on one of their first few pages on their recruitment tips that your Facebook would be checked.  I had the option to either clean up my act but I decided that I didn't want to change my personality too much so I changed to "Neko Catalystic", plus it kind of blended it well with my partner "Saccharine Darling"

No comments:

Post a Comment