Friday 30 December 2011

2011: Part 9 - A new start

Part 9 - Finally adapting into Adelaide, it took a while to get used to this place, with all the slow speed limits, confusing roads, lack of old friends and just in general adapting to a new place but in the end I eventually got there, although the same can't be said about Melbourne though.


Adelaide
I managed to finally re-adjust and settle into a new job, new surrounding but not everything fell into place, I barely still knew anyone here and it was a nightmare to find another job.  I tried getting back into uni but the University of Adelaide was having none of it with constant delays, pass arounds and in general nobody knew how to handle my application, despite high distinctions all around in my previous university they were unsure if it meant anything, confused?  I was and so were they, it was a god damn nightmare, so things quietened up for a bit.

Tokyo Hardcore - A new beginning
 However not for long, Tokyo Hardcore would start kicking back up into swing, especially as we started getting ready for Manifest, there was an insane amount of planning, budgeting, forecasting, legalities, pricing and accounts to get organised and get this show on the road and it wasn't long till we signed a lease and got a booth at Manifest.

Manifest was good and bad, good in the fact that it was an interesting experience and a huge success, especially getting a huge order of Angelic Pretty by literally running underneath a Post Office, by sprinting 500m through a shopping centre, it was a pretty epic sprint to make it down, however bad because it was draining and I spent most of my time on a never ending fetch quest.

Manifail
Overall a fun experience but what I couldn't get over was how bad of a con Manifest was, when one of the the people on the board straight up admits to you, "we don't bother with organisation, everyone knows it's going to be way too much work to fix this."  Seriously, the organisation was shambles, from the late replies to e-mails, to not getting all our staff passes, the joke of an option and how far apart everything was.  I could not believe that a con like that could exist.  It was merely another mark on my lack of love of Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment