Saturday 31 December 2011

2011: Part 12 - Finishing it all off

 Part 12 - Time to wrap up 2011

So the last month and a bit of the year was an interesting one, we've finally seen Tokyo Hardcore launched and while a bit slow at first we started getting people coming in via the Neko Nation ticket sales, the next Neko Nation was in the works and my god this was going to be a big one.

Neko Nation Adelaide - Finale!
This was going to be big, 14 DJ's, 8 catgirls, 10 media staff covering the show, including AV-Con and I Got Superpowers, I absolutely decided to re-write the show in regards to the final Neko Nation aiming to take it to the next new level, with a big new stage, lighting, sound, projections, music format, catgirls and X-banners (plus a massive one which didn't make it in time, >.<).

Anyways, it was a tricky show to manage (having 30 people under your control is a bit tricky to manage even though I had most of the planning done beforehand), just lots of last minute nerves but we got through it in the end and I just couldn't believe how spectacular and how much fun the show was when I actually managed to chill out and enjoy the night.  I honestly believe the setup actually made it feel like a pretty big deal and a really special night that people are going to remember for a while and to be honest, this was the best way I could have ended the year with Neko Nation, then the videos came out to top it all off.  Seriously I'm excited for next year although a show like that won't be seen for a while, probably next Adelaide at this rate!  Not to say that the other shows aren't fun or awesome but Adelaide just has an incredible buzz and vibrance to it which the other cities just can't match.

Friendship
I have to admit I was finally finding friends in Adelaide and starting to gain a bit of fame and popularity in Adelaide, I have to admit it was certainly a really nice feeling to start feeling accepted and like in Adelaide.  I was actually starting to have a bit of a group to hang out with, if it wasn't very often due to my work schedule but still this was one of my biggest problems and fears in Adelaide and it's finally being put to an end somewhat.

Overdrive
However the one big thing that stands out over 2011 was my workload, December was a nightmare, with a store open, the next stage was opening up the website with that done, there was Neko Nation, on top of this I was pretty much juggling all my housework and work at ANZ to try to get through the month and I finally reached breaking point at the end of the year, proving that I wasn't as invincible as I thought I was, with a lack of motivation and an inability to work, it looks like I've got some new priorities for next year at this rate.

With that said, it was a year where an epic amount was achieved, it went way off the plan but I ended up with the success of Neko Nation and a sexy catgirl so I can't really complain about that.  How can next year get better, we'll see, however that's for another post, 2011 was possibly my best, biggest and craziest year yet, bring on 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment