Sunday 17 July 2011

Adelaide


 Nyan!

I've been here for around a week now in Adelaide and I've had one pretty mixed week here already.

To start off, it's been awesome living with my girlfriend, I knew what it was like to live with her and to be honest I can't really see us having problems living together.  Honestly being partners in business is far more stressful than living together.

Tokyo Hardcore is only a week till launch at AV-Con and we've been feverishly working away, despite battling through sickness, it's going quiet well, even if we're not seeing everything fall perfectly to plan, things are happening, even if we're achieving more of our medium terms goals rather than our short term goals.


For the record, just to clear things up, in regards to Tokyo Hardcore, me and Susannah are both partners in this business venture, although in essence it is Susannah's store and she has full control in regards to everything that is happening in regards to the store.  My role is more back of house and doing a lot of the financial, systems and advisory role.  Susannah is pretty much leading the way and it's a case of doing my best to make sure I can find a way to make it happen.

Working on Tokyo Hardcore has generally been fun although the last week has been a bit frustrating, after doing more fun things like setting up brands, ordering in stock and getting the store signed.  A lot of our week has been stuck on more boring aspects, which has lead to a lot to exhaustion, especially since we're both not feeling too great.  I'm sleeping for at least 9 hours a day and can barely get through 10 footers in DDR/ITG anymore, may need to start working on a new exercise routine from now on to counteract this.


Despite all the frustrating problems, we put it down to getting very little reward out of Tokyo Hardcore in regards to not really doing much outside of the business so Susannah showed me around outside of the house and we went on adventures to arcades, shopping centres, decorations for the store, food, beer, bowling, laser tag and even crepes!

It's been one interesting up and down week but the weekend really helped put things back into perspective after all the problems in regards to feeling a bit down about being in a new place, getting lost, not really knowing anyone and re-organising my stuff.  There has been some pluses and in particular AV-Con is going to be exciting if somewhat stressful.  I'm very excited and looking forward to it and see a lot of my Adelaide friends there!

No comments:

Post a Comment