Sunday 14 October 2012

Rise and Fall

I can finally say that I'm finally getting a month which actually isn't looking too crazy for month.  University is over and my god that's one nightmare I can finally put behind me.  Curtin University has proven to be a disaster, with lectures being missing, assignments that were incredibly inconsistent, assignments could be 4 weeks to complete 1,500 words and another one could be one week to write 4,000, final tests were incredibly pointless and easy (I don't see how a multiple choice test that's open book and internet is a test) and marks for completing marketing surveys.  I went to UniSA and unlike University of Adelaide or Curtin the details I needed to enrol took literally 2 minutes to find out, it took weeks or months with the other two.

Neko Nation has finally been put behind me for now, it's been an amazing last month, finally breaking the attendance record in Perth was absolutely a mind blowing achievement I'll never forget.  It was the one show where we feared the worst, having been forced up against the Wai-Con ball and with Perth attendances having been quite stable over the last year, it was insane to see so many people having so much fun, expanding to two rooms and getting gaming and an incredible lighting and staging setup was great.

The downside is that the momentum has been trickling down to a halt, I only got the news about new years eve being cancelled early this month, even though this event was pretty much in production and had the go ahead from March this year, sadly it wasn't meant to be.  It's been frustrating as managing Neko Nation has been proven harder and harder thanks to uni commitments and my personal life.  So while there isn't much on the horizon, I'm glad things are slowing down a bit.

This month has proved to be a quiet one, unfortunately this has been in part to sickness but with that out of the way, I would have been taking it quite easy since I'm needed to catch up on actually chilling out and taking it easy, something which I've barely had any time over the past months due to all the drama and craziness.  At the moment, been investing a huge commitment of time into League of Legends, despite the ridiculousness of getting addicted to something that isn't exactly going to get me anywhere, the reality is the things that have gotten me somewhere have made me incredibly sick and it's the closest thing I somewhat have to a holiday at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment