Thursday 18 October 2012

Neko 2013

While Neko Nation might be on a bit of a hiatus, there are rough plans going on in the background for 2013.  Which I'm incredibly excited about, yes, I might be on break from Neko but it's pretty much near impossible to tear me away from Neko Nation.

The main thing I really want to do in my time away from shows is to inject more new ideas into the show, I've done around 20 Neko Nation's and while I am looking for new ways to update and re-invent the show and Neko Nation getting some time off will really help ensure it's constantly evolving.  New ideas, venues, DJ's, catgirls, sponsors and more new features into the show.  Without the pressure of having to quickly work onto another show after Sydney, I've got time to see what more I can do.

Once I get back into shows, highest priority will be Brisbane, having been without a venue for a while, I think I've got a good lead and can finally bring back Neko Nation to Brisbane which I'm incredibly excited, Brisbane is the city I remember for giving me such an amazing welcome and I absolute miss the place.  For fans of J-Core, let's just say, you're going to be in for an epic treat when we come back!

I'm looking to bring Neko Nation into new places, not just in terms of clubs but beyond that.  2012 saw some interesting variety with the show having gone to Midian, Gilkisons and Adelaide Convention Centre, three venues with their very unique offerings.  Once again, looking beyond clubs, at conventions and there's a certain festival I'd like to get involved in if possible too.  I'm intending to make sure Neko goes beyond as a club event.

A bit off topic but I do plan to do more outside of Neko Nation as well too, I had my experimentation into the K-Pop scene this year with Hyper Dragon but in 2013 I'm looking at trying something different, I feel that I can do something different and not just be a one trick pony with Neko Nation.

Last but not least, I have spoken to a few Japanese acts, getting an international down for Neko is pretty much my main goal for 2013.  We just haven't seen Japanese acts coming down to Australia for a while and I'm determined to change this, I can ensure as much as I would love to bring down Dir En Grey, Maximum the Hormone or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, it's way out of my budget for the time being.  However who know's what's possible in the future.  It's going to be exciting for everyone who can make it down (and a lot of stress and sleepless nights on my end getting this all set up!)

For now, I'm going to enjoy my break, I'm far from over Neko Nation, just resting up and trying to re-energise for even bigger things to come in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment