Monday 22 October 2012

Beating the System

So despite the majority of fighting with my lecturers, mostly about simply getting tossed into the deep end and generally being screwed around by a lack of lectures and a lack of knowledge how to complete the assignments (word limit, presentation, constantly changing due dates).  Somehow I got through in the end with pretty much most of my assignments with distinctions or high distinctions.

The freakish fact that the less help and more problems I was suffering the better I was doing.  There's the less arrogant theory that I was starting to understand the course and get back into uni near the end where the uni was really failing on their part.  Also I guess it's because I was more than happy to stray away from the textbook, too many people I meet in marketing and advertising see this course as a by the book commerce course, oh how wrong people are, considering advertising is often paired up with graphic design which is far more creative than a by the book subject.

Survival was my goal for the year in uni, considering I was pretty happy to walk out unscathed, to walk away with a whole bunch of exceptional assignment marks is a good start, I still don't know my final marks since well there's one more exam and my uni makes it so freaking hard to figure out my final official mark with the number of unit outlines I've received and the grade center giving out wrong scalings.

I managed to come up with ideas of how to sell brands such as Fosters and BlackBerry of all brands.  I think I deserve some credit with that.  Anyways overall, I feel like I've made the right choice to break away from accounting to an area where I feel I have some degree of domination, now it's just a matter of making my way into a comfortable career position but if next year goes to plan, I've got some very interesting directions I can go.

It's not over yet, there's still the case of the last exam on Thursday, Harajuku and The Pad on Friday and a Necro gig on Saturday.  However, reality is besides the exam it's far from work on the night and let's just say hopefully there should be plenty of alcohol and partying for once if my health lets up!

No comments:

Post a Comment