Friday 2 March 2012

Onwards and Upwards

It's been a dramatic past few weeks but it looks like things are back on track, there's lots of ups and downs in business, my god the highs have been high and the lows have been low.  We've gone from the best month for Neko Nation with our most epic debut Neko Nation show which was our biggest one yet, to lots of stock problems which have been plaguing Tokyo Hardcore and giving us huge headaches.  Although to make up for the lack of stock, my god is the stock piling into Tokyo Hardcore over the next month.

It's been a case of how dangerous mixing business and pleasure can be, running a business with your partner in troubled times has put a strain onto us and has really tested us but we've survived and things are only looking up for now.

Both myself and Susannah have been planning out big plans across the next few months, which is exciting even though we've got some busy times ahead.  With Susannah scoring work with Pimp Pad, AV-Con and Luna Magazine all in the last month, she's going to be busy as hell, while on my end ANZ is demanding I'm in 5 nights in a row now, despite all the news in the media about job cuts.

It's a worrying time as I've been struggling to cope with my schedule, money has been very tight despite money coming in, I'm not really getting much in return.  I've been getting a chance to hang out and party more, it's not often and it's a tight squeeze but at least it's happening for once, in particular it was a lot of fun to hang out with the AV-Con people, it's nice to hang out with lots of busy people who kind of understand the sort of lives that we lead.

I'm also starting to realise how awesome a lot of people in my life are.  A lot of people have been supporting what both myself and Susannah have been doing, it's great to see that people are continuing to support something very different and unique in Adelaide and all of Australia.  I've met a lot of awesome people who have helped out with our shows and taken an interest in our clothes and our work has lead to meet so many people I've looked up to for a while and also lots of really awesome new people.

More importantly, I probably seriously never stress how much Susannah actually does for me, we rely on each other so much to get through life.  We work long days and nights, rarely get breaks, get very little reward for our work and the only thing that really gets us through the tough times and in our best times we have such amazing times and fun together.  I'm looking back at all the crazy adventures over the past year and it's just nuts to think we're working in our own store and throwing parties all around the country and having lots of fun in the process.  I still can't get over how pretty she is and how amazing she has made my life, I honestly never thought I would ever meet anyone like her and anyone that came close would have no interest in me but I'm glad that I'm still with someone well beyond my dreams and now that we've survived some terrible times together I'm looking forward to lots of amazing times together soon.  ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment