Friday 9 March 2012

Inspirations and Demotivations

Work, work and work, what else is new?

Anyways, this week has been a horrendous struggle, trying to manage Tokyo Hardcore is proving to be such a huge challenge, it's time consuming, emotional and I'm getting insanely run down for little reward.  Basically I've hit pretty much breaking point with the business, since I'm feeling too powerless and less motivated with the business.  My understanding of fashion and the lolita community is never going to be anywhere near that of Susannah's and while both me and Susannah are in this together, the reality is I'm more or less going to go by her expertise and as such I'm losing motivation as I'm honestly feeling more and more out of control.  As such to remove myself from all the dramu and stress I'm probably going to play a day or twos role in support at most now with accounts, graphics and business analysis in terms of the stuff I do best.

In exchange, I'm focusing and moving all my work towards Neko Nation.  I'm aiming to put on a show a month at least, heck in May and July it's likely I'll be doing two shows in both those months depending on how all my plans go, with that said, June I'm taking a break plus around May, I'm expecting ANZ to start cutting my hours back significantly.

I've got an insanely busy month up ahead since I'm starting on the next massive project, the Neko Nation store.  If you've been into Tokyo Hardcore or saw our table at Neko Nation Brisbane you would have a bit of an idea what this involves.  However, this should be quite exciting since we're expanding massively and getting in lots of awesome stuff which I'm very excited about.

I've got a fair few other projects I'm working on as well although these are my main ones.

I'm hoping to work more with the Japanese community and try to actually give back where I can, I'm pretty happy I'm now in a position where I've had people asking me to help out and now that I'm intending to step back more from Tokyo Hardcore I will have time for this, the next one I've got lined up is the really fun Harajuku night happening in Chinatown hopefully this month.  Should be one epic night, I thought it was awesome enough that Adelaide had two crepe places and has an epic amount of cosplayers, geeks and anime fans per capita.

The other one is a bit of an interesting one, basically looking to trying to help out with the industrial scene.  I had an absolute blast last time I went out to an industrial night this year.  I actually miss the industrial scene a lot and there's always lots of awesome people I can really relate too and just have fun stomping the night away.  It's also an interesting thing because I would like to get to the point where I'm helping out by DJing but I don't really have the intention to put on events.  I miss being involved with events and helping out in a way that doesn't involve me having to manage a night.  Far from the end of Neko Nation, personally I would love to get out and expand into other areas and enter back an old familiar scene with new faces in a new city.  With that said, I wouldn't completely rule out ever putting on an industrial event.

Also looking forward to the getting the Neko Nation shop out there, since eventually down the line I get to fill another one of my projects I've wanted to do for a while.  ^^

Things are frustrating right now, very but things will eventually be healing up soon.  The latter half of the month has lots of good stuff happening to make up for it though.  ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment