Wednesday 14 September 2011

Nekos, Sushi and Lasers

I find it amazing with everything that has happened with Neko Nation, it wasn't until the last event that I finally got to realise what a special event that I created was having been stuck with all sorts of work on the night that it was the first proper opportunity to actually enjoy the night that I'm so heavily involved in.

This tour is going to be the biggest and toughest challenge I'm going to face yet, the tour is going to cost thousands of dollars to put on, there's around 100 people involved whether directly working on the night or being involved in other ways such as venues, sponsors and suppliers.  It's something which is proving to be insanely time consuming and stressful.  It wasn't too long ago that I was holding multiple jobs and full time study although there's no way I can hold all this while putting on the tour.

I've put my sanity at risk, as I'm trying to this tour with poor health both physically and mentally.  I'm working insanely hard to get it all done, even though I'm far from a condition to do so.  I'm putting this ahead of everything right now which is building up stress and keeping me away from the world.  However the show must go on and to be honest, it's likely to all go quite well as I do believe I've got a great team of people who help out at all the shows to make this an amazing tour.

I'm starting to feel the nerves kick in and the pressure of a big new undertaking, Adelaide will be changed a bit for the tour although thankfully it will be easier in comparison to the other shows.  Perth will be an interesting show as it is getting the biggest venue by far on the tour and it's a bit of a risk to change so much after the success of the past two shows but I do believe Perth should be brought to the next level.  The Melbourne and Brisbane shows, I must admit, I'm scared shitless to put on these new shows in very new locations but I do believe I'm prepared and up for the challenge.

I do have complete faith in the event, however the scale still does scare me, I've recently completed a step-by-step guide to running the Neko Nation events and it's around 100 steps, multiply that by 4 for each city on the tour and it's becoming overwhelming.  I'm contemplating what the next step is as Susannah is playing less of a role in Neko Nation due to Tokyo Hardcore so there is more and more work.  Add on top a whole bunch of other commitments as well, it's a scary time, and I'm having to sacrifice friendships, my relationship and spending time with people, looking decent and having a good place to live.

Here's hoping it all works out for the best.....

No comments:

Post a Comment