Tuesday 6 September 2011

Neko Nation Radelaide!!!

Just wow.  I remember the first Adelaide show being quite amazing but my god did this show completely blow it out of the water!

First of all thanks to everyone who helped out with the event, there's so many people to thank, from our lovely sponsors, stalls, catgirls, DJ's, venue staff and of course my partner Susannah for helping put this one, there's seriously around 20-30 people who help make this show happen in Adelaide and I'm very grateful for all the help and support I get to put on a huge event like this.  I'll thank everyone on the Neko Nation blog soon.

The reality is though it's the fans that make the night amazing, when you see a queue of around 40 people lining up in the cold rain just to be the first in, it was just phenominal to see how dressed up everyone was, I've had an event promoter come up to me in awe curious to know how he can make people dress up at his events but the reality is, this is just the Adelaide anime/cosplay scene at it's finest.

I had a lot of fun chatting to people and it's pretty awesome that I'm being awed at a bit and slowly turning into this mini celebrity.  I'm really loving all the social attention I'm getting because even though running the event I may be a bit popular the reality is I rarely get to see anyone, most of my time is spent doing business with Neko Nation and Tokyo Hardcore, so I don't get much time to see many people in a personal setting.

The Adelaide crowd never ceases to impress me with how behind the event everyone gets, you can tell that everyone in Adelaide has been craving something like this for quite a long time, I'm currently a bit overrun with people who want to help out and get involved, I even had one guy offer me a discount when I was out shopping on Saturday.  Seriously little things like that really make my life great and make me feel like I'm doing something important.

I'm very happy and blessed that I've found something that not only I like doing but many other people do enjoy a lot as well.  For so very long I sit in front of spreadsheets, emails and running around sorting out logistics, that it's nice to see that it all is worth it in the end.




Thank you everyone, it was such an amazing night and unlike other nights I managed to actually have time to get away from working on the event to actually enjoy the event with you all, I didn't speak to everyone and those I did, I barely got much of a chance to talk to people for longer than a few minutes but I did enjoy all the time I had with everyone and also behind the decks as well, it's the first time I've really had much positive feedback, so I hope to impress more of you soon and also get some more of you behind the decks, involved in the event and just there!

Really happy with everything that has been achieved, Adelaide you seriously rock.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment