Friday 17 August 2012

Vs. Uni

I knew it was going to be a challenge heading back to uni but when you spend more time struggling against understanding the unit outlines and assignments rather than the actual content and courses, then there's a serious problem.  I've had the move, I've had Neko Nation AVCon and a month with no Neko Nation events and now it appears I've got the most busiest month of them all coming up.

University studies have proven to be so ridiculously inconsistant, with marks awarded for absolutely ludicrious reasons such as completing marketing surveys while some marks incredibly nigh-on impossible to get such as 4,000 word "tests" to be completed in a week filled with academic references.  I've studied at university before, I have had no problems with 5,000+ word essays and 20 minute presentations provided that you can plan your time and schedules which this course is far from giving us an option on doing.

As an end result, I've gotten sick, stress and tired, Neko Nation is likely to suffer with events being delayed which is a huge shame since even though a lot of work goes into these events, pulling off these events makes me incredibly happy.  If anything I look back on most of this year and I'm amazed at how much I've managed to achieve with the shows and involvement with Chinatown Harajuku no Yoko.  I'm looking forward to getting this uni work done since I've got a few new exciting challenges coming up which hopefully I can launch by the end of the month.

It's one month that has been hell but I'm hoping it will come to an end soon, the challenge of uni has proven to be a nasty one that I'm hoping to finally wrap up this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment