Tuesday 3 July 2012

Downhill in July

Heading into July I should usually be quite excited and over the moon, I've got two absolutely epic shows, one being the unofficial after party for SMASH, the other being Neko Nation AVCon.  It's been insanely hard to get motivation due to external factors in my life.

I've been slowly growing my paranoia about my work and feeling stress financially, a combination of less hours, bills and a centrelink application that is taking it's time.  This coupled with the fact that my uni application was sent two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for an official reply.  Keep in mind that this is to re-enrol and I've qualified on the basis of being a past student.

On the plus side, I've had some fun DJing at both Proscenium and Necromancy over the past month.  My experience with Proscenium was a nice practice and laidback in smaller environment.  Necromancy was a blast but sadly I was feeling very ill and my brain was clustering up a lot and while I've DJed on the back of feeling quite tired, it was obvious something was feeling right.  Besides that, it was definitely fun and I was quite amused that me and Scarlett had very similar DJing tastes as well, despite us only really finding out about our preferred music on the night definitely did make for some fun.  Definitely keen to give it another shot in the future, since I had a bit of a blast with going back to my industrial roots even if I was a bit rusty.

I've had a few new recent projects that I'm working on in the background, Nekobook is a bit of an interesting new one which I can't really say more about but basically it's basically about finally being able to give back.  I'm looking to get involved in setting up a new industrial event in Adelaide, I did a post to my blogger last night about this and I'm just immensely impressed at how behind this event everyone is.

Been trying to battle a bitch of a fever, just hoping I can muster up some motivation to actually get a few good events up this month, it has been tricky with how sick I've been feeling plus the Sydney event is a tricky one, since ticket sales are always going to be slow for an after party con, (people would rather wait till the after the con to head down).  Really just want to get back to university or find another job to really get myself back on track.  With that said uni is a bit frustrating that I can't really size myself against others but I know that when it comes to marketing but if I can get HD's it will all work out.

It's frustrating, I've got the ultimate catgirl and events working perfectly but it's all counterbalanced by work and study issues, if I can seriously get this all sorted my life will finally be perfect, if I was in Perth the latter problems would be fixed but realistically the problems would just be reversed.  Really hoping for finances to be fixed soon due to the ridiculous amounts of stress it's causing and the massive plans I have for 2013 as well too....

No comments:

Post a Comment