Thursday 19 January 2012

Get ready for adventure!

Surviving the last few weeks has been hard but there have been some ups and thankfully it's likely things will be looking up from now on.

I've recently been trying to do my best with trying to juggle work commitments but am still struggling at the moment, it's been a hard time with Tokyo Hardcore struggling due to the hotter weather and as of just a few days ago, I've got 4 Neko Nation events on my hands, I've got Susannah thankfully handling a lot of the Wai-Con stuff when we're heading over for our Tokyo Hardcore Perth stall.

I've had an interesting past few weeks which saw me get through K-On, an anime that really grew on me, especially the combination of moe and one brilliant soundtrack.  I've gotten a PS3 as an epic present and Skyrim which I'm still yet to understand but I'm sure it will make sense soon.

I've been trying to make an effort to go to events even if it kills me and I'd like to think that falling asleep at 1am while raving is proof that it's definitely a bit too much to add onto my schedule compared to when I used to be staying up till 6 or 7am at underground raves.  Enough with the reminiscing, I had fun at Nuclear Summer and it was good to be raving even if I was dead tired.  I had fun at the Combichrist Cancelled gig which was good to meet people who want to grow the scene, I'm hoping to be more of a part in this area and having talked to quite a few promoters on the night, it's only motivated me more to put on another show, although juggling 4 Neko Nations is proving quite a bit at the moment to think about another show!

Work life balance is the next area I heavily want to work on over the next few months since I only just keep burning myself out with all the work I'm doing at the moment.  The next month sadly won't change due to two Neko Nations coming up and Wai-Con but I'm going to enjoy the chance to finally go travelling and I'm expecting a lot of catching up in Perth and some adventure in Brisbane.

Things aren't getting easier, I'm not getting fitter, workloads aren't decreasing and money is coming by tighter but I'll still fight on, sexy catgirl in hand for some pretty amazing and awesome adventures, with Sydney recently announced too, this is going to be a tiring year but one filled with lots of fun and adventuring and if Susannah gets her way, both in the real world and in Skyrim.

Love and kittens out.  <3




No comments:

Post a Comment