Tuesday 24 January 2012

Perth and ready for the new journey.

It's not long till Perth and while for many this week there is a lot of excitement in the air, it's unlikely to hit for us until we touch down in Perth.  Travelling lots may sound glamourous but there is a lot of work and preparation that is involved, especially since we've got a huge weekend planned with the double header of Wai-Con and Neko Nation.  It should be an interesting weekend, this week has been a bit of a hectic one, since it's been a quite a while since we've travelled for both a con or a neko but it's going to be nice to get out of Adelaide for a while.

Being back in Perth should be fun, hot weather, bogans and useless structures (Bell Tower) aside, seeing friends will be great, as is the case due to work I'll only be seeing those in the anime and cosplay scene not that I really have much in the way of friends outside the scene in Perth.

Slowly reminding myself why I'm getting back into event promoting, a year in the industry is turning me into such an event snob and the amount of errors and and things people do really can get to me at times, on the opposite end I do try to take lots of motivation from what I see other people do.  Unfortuantely the latter hasn't been much of the case recently.

I had a bit of a go at the Big Day Out promoters and having re-read what has been said, I have to admit I can not believe how poor their event creation and promotion methods are.  It honestly doesn't matter how good your line-up is, if the public doesn't like it, let them rant and maybe actually listen to them.  People were blamed for not speaking up about their excitement for Kanye West.  They've admitted to not having an identity and being all over the place, this is not a good thing!

I've been doing my best over the last month or two to actually talk a lot more to our fans and to also give and create an identity for Neko Nation and honestly it's working really well for us.  I could go on and on but it's obvious that some people have gotten into this industry through luck and contacts.  It's a very interesting industry and it's not for everyone and you really need to know what you're doing and I have to admit throughout the year there were some people who really should not be in such high up positions.

I'm really looking forward to this year as I finally get a chance to spread my wings and branch out to new ideas and events, I'm getting more opportunities and more areas to do more things outside of Neko Nation and if all goes to plan, I'm looking at putting on a new event by February but we will see as it comes.

Things have seemed a bit dull with a month that has seen slow things for Tokyo Hardcore until Wai-Con but it's quite exciting to be working on some new things with Tokyo Hardcore next month, plus we might be looking into new side projects, some of these that we've got lined up are quite exciting and looking quite more realistic, so hopefully some will be announced next month soon.

Now for the big problem, figuring out what to wear in Perth, I still haven't had the time or money to organise anything.  X.x

No comments:

Post a Comment