Sunday 7 August 2011

Saccharine and Catalystic HQ Update!

What an interesting week it has been.  Not quite sure where to start exactly but maybe a fair few shorter paragraphs about things will be good.

Found an ITG machine and a working USB.  Getting close to nailing hard 11 footers so I'm not feeling too flabby and hopefully will start to be getting fitter soon!


Neko Nation HQ has been insanely busy trying to get lots of things sorted out, while I can't say much, there's a lot going on behind the scenes preparing for a lot of events coming up, I'll be most likely doing at least two shows a month!  Considering all the shows are going to be very different, it's a lot of work but we're making some real progress in terms of growing Neko Nation.

Tokyo Hardcore is certainly quite interesting, got Angellic Pretty on board so things are going insanely well.  We've got a fair bit of work before Manifest so I'm looking forward to heading down to Manifest later in the month.
Went raving last weekend, it was actually a lot of fun despite being so unfit and maybe not getting into the music as much as I would it was great to see what Adelaide's rave scene is like.  It's quite small, must admit it's one of the things Perth probably does better but Perth doesn't have a pretty rave girl quite like Susannah,  ^___^

Also falling in love with Ikea, if the cheap furniture, maze, frustrating assembly, $1 hot dogs weren't enough, then it's becoming one of my new favourite brainstorming places, we've dreamt up a few fairly interesting new project ideas which is quite awesome in regards to not having to have a full time job in regards to doing other projects and events.

Geek culture is insanely awesome here, I can not begin to explain how interesting it is to see such a huge thriving anime, gaming and geek community here.  It exists in Perth but I'm still in major shock how open it really is, it's really such a great city for me to be in because of this.  I still can't get over the massive 8-bit Icarus graffiti which is attached to the bottom.

Been exploring a bit more of Adelaide including getting a nice view of the Hills, Hahndorf, sushi, the epic banking services.  It's becoming a nice place, I'm not going to make Perth vs Adelaide comparisons but to me I'm starting to find Adelaide a bit more of my home, it's still missing proper friends rather than relying on bumping into Susannah's friends but it's actually quite nice here.  ^__^

Having said that I'm looking forward to returning back to Perth for a short while next month.  ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment