Sunday 10 June 2012

Neko Tour v1.0

Doing the Neko Nation tour has been one of the most unique, intense and interesting experiences I've had in my life.  There's been a lot of hard work, tough times and even a relationship breakdown but it's been rewarding, meeting many new friends and visiting lots of amazing places.

Travelling around Australia has been great, I've enjoyed travelling to all the cities.  Being back in Perth was probably the most special moment though, since it had really felt like a bit of a homecoming and it seriously had changed so much in the time I had left, plus it was very chilled out being with old friends, watching Eurovision and taking it easy after what was a crazy tour.

My personal life suffered dramatically on the tour as me and Susannah had to deal with a lot more than we usually would thanks to lots of frustrating things that just haven't gone our way on the tour which has really tested us, in the end, as soon as we spent more than a day apart it was pretty safe to say that on my end I missed her and couldn't live without her.


The other thing I pretty much noticed on the tour was the whole Melbourne vs. Sydney thing.  I've had a lot of people tell me bad things about Sydney and lots of amazing things about Melbourne when to be honest I found the complete opposite about both cities.  I found Sydney to be a lovely city filled with lots of interesting and fun activities, it felt alive, there was a lot to do, even during the night and was definitely a fun highlight of the show.

Melbourne wasn't too bad this time but honestly that place still irks me, there were good people there but honestly with the exception of two people I would have no reason to ever return back to Melbourne both personally.  I've found putting on events in Melbourne to be more of a "glorified party scene" with a huge focus on attracting popular people than trying to attract people to your event by making it good and was honestly the last straw in terms of ever wanting to go back to Melbourne.

I found myself enjoying the company of lots of random people and new friends on the tour, especially Brisbane always throws up lots of new fun interesting people who love meeting us, they had this unique way of welcoming us and it's this interesting tightly knit community that love coming down and seeing our show.  MOS Burger and just something about Brisbane I feel like I could move or live here in the future, the weather is a bit extreme but I'm from Singapore and could easily adjust to it.

Perth I had a blast, it's a tightly knit community since we don't change our staff members much here since we've got a lovely community of people that I work and deal with at this place.  In particular I had a blast catching up with Tara, who was pretty much going through what I went through last year in terms of her long distance relationship and it was great to party with her as well.  Overall I had lots of fun and honestly Perth is an amazing show, we've got lots of video games, cheeseburger sushi, the biggest venue with the best lighting, DJ Equipment and it's a pretty much was one of my original goals when  was a lot younger to hold an event in Gilkisons and I'm glad we've become a regular there.

Just finished Hyper Dragon last night and it was a good event, low on numbers but launching a new event in Winter is tough due to sickness and cold weather, Hindley Street was quite abandonned.  With that said I enjoyed the new challenge of putting on a new event and the new DJ set I had to come up with was an interesting challenge as I've switched back from my 180bpm stuff, back to 128-145bpm range due to finding amazing J-Core DJ's on this tour.

Anyways, rushing to get all the Supanova promo done in time but for now, taking a nice day off, catgirl animes, Formula 1 and more blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment