Friday 14 October 2011

Catalystic Vs. Melbourne

I'll say it straight up, I don't hate Melbourne but I do believe Melbourne hates me.

On what was my third trip Melbourne has once again left me shattered, broken and distraught.  Me and Melbourne don't have a good history, my first trip was supposed to break Hairlucination into being quite well known around Australia, instead I spent pretty much my entire time in Melbourne sitting by myself and trying to explain to people what dread falls were.  Second trip to Melbourne wasn't bad but I probably caught the worst illness of my life in Melbourne and probably had one of my worst days with Tokyo Hardcore (although the weekend did go insanely well to make up for it).

Last trip was Neko Nation Melbourne and to be honest it flopped insanely, we got kicked out early due to low crowd numbers and while there was positive feedback, it was a pretty horrid experience to have the Perth show which was the best in terms of production to put on this pretty average night.  To make matter worse, it's one week after the event and I'm still trying to wrap up the show,  a process which should usually take a few days tops, something about this city really hates me.

I have to say though I absolutely love the people and have made some awesome friends there and I'm looking forward to returning to Melbourne and meeting them soon.  Also shopping did seem interesting for checking it out but from someone who is used to 9 level malls in Singapore, it wasn't as mindblowing as everyone told me.  XP


Glad to be back in Adelaide although I must say I'm missing Perth a fair bit though, I had a lot of people that wanted to see me and I really should not have wasted the last day in Perth with all the dramu and really should have hung out with friends.

To finish off, I think my highlight from Melbourne was pretty much showing the Visual Kei DJ what J-Rock I was going to play and she exclaimed early on during my set "You do realise you're playing my ex-boyfriend!" We had a bit of a good joke about it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment